Ultrafuse® PPSU - Welcome to the World of High Temperature Stable Applications!
Ultrafuse® PPSU was specially developed for FFF printing based on BASF´s advanced Ultrason® materials. The Ultrason® resins are amorphous thermoplastics derived from polyethersulfone (PESU), polysulfone (PSU) and polyphenylsulfone (PPSU) and ensure very high thermal resistance.
With its wide spectrum of material performance advantages, Ultrafuse® PPSU can be successfully used in applications where other plastics, e.g. polyamide, polycarbonate, polyoxymethylene and polyalkylene terephthalates, fail to meet the performance specifications. With its inherent flame-retardant properties, it is an especially suitable material for the aerospace industry.
Benefits at a Glance
- Inherently flame retardant
- Short-term temperature resistance up to 220 °C
- Resistant to long-term service temperatures up to 180 °C
- High dimensional stability
- Creep strength at high temperatures
- Resistant to hot water and coolants
- Oil-resistant, even at temperatures up to 170 °C
- Fuel and fl uorine resistant