Polypropylene (PP) is one of the most used materials of engineers and manufacturers. A lot of existing applications use PP – from electronic parts to end-use parts. Thanks to its high toughness and exceptional fatigue resistance, PP is one of the best materials for functional prototyping and use parts. PP was optimized for Ultimaker 2+ and Ultimaker 3 series.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker PP
- Durable with high toughness and fatigue resistance
- Low friction and smooth surfaces
- Good heat resistance (up to 105°C)
- Chemical resistance to a wide range of bases and acids, including industrial cleaning agents
- High electrical resistance makes it a good electrical insulator
- Very resistant to moisture
- Low density resulting in lightweight parts (high strength-to-weight ratio)
- Excellent layer bonding
- Recyclable, for low environmental impact
This NFC-spool comes with the special NFC-chip. This chip recognizes the material on the spool. This way, the chances that you use the wrong print settings are limited.