Go further than plastic: print silicone, nutella, wood filler and so much more. Thanks to the Structur3d Discov3ry you can print easily new materials on your FDM 3D-printer. The Discov3ry is an extruder of pasta that can be added to every existing FDM 3D-printer easily. It offers you the possibility to expand your solutions range, wider than just melted plastics.
Compatible with FDM 3D-printers
The Discov3ry is compatible with almost every desktop 3D printer that uses the Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) principal. For more information about the computability, check it here.
How does the Discov3ry work?
The Discov3ry system works like this: you add a soft material in the syringe injection system. The Discov3ry pushes the pasta through a tube until it hits the printhead. From then on, it is similar to normal FDM 3D-printing, where the pasta is placed in the right shape and hardens out.
With every Discov3ry extruder unit, you receive 6 cartridges to get started. 1 cartridge contains:
- 60cc Locking Injecties
- 2 Food Safe Tubing
- 1 Male tubing connector
- 1 female tubing connector
- Tips (various dimensions between 0.1 and 1.4mm)
The Discov3ry extruder was created to be as plug-and-play as possible, with the intention to integrate it to your existing desktop 3D-printer as easy as possible. You can do that in 3 steps:
- Connect the wiring of the Discov3ry to the existing extruder motor wiring (as E0 or E1)
- Connect the material tube and the printhead of the Discov3ry to the printhead of your 3D printer. This can be done via magnets or strips.
- Adjust some modifications in your open-source slicing algorithm at your choice.