LAYBRICK is a revolutionary new sandstone-like desktop 3D printer filament. Laybrick contains small brick fibers, which makes your 3D print look like it is made from sandstone. It is also suitable for other printers using a 1.75 mm filament.
LAYBRICK is a mixture of milled chalk and harmless co-polyesters. The result of combining this unique mixture into a 3D printer filament is that LAYBRICK printed parts look and feel like (sand)stone, which makes this 3D printer filament extremely suitable for architecture models and landscapes.
Objects printed with LAYBRICK 3D printer filament can easely be colored and grinded.
Note: this is a beta version of 250 grams filament, which means that the grey colour of the filament may change in nuances. The filament is also a little maiden, it may brake while bending, you should be sure (especially during a long print) that you can feed a broken part of filament again in your printer !
Features of LAYBRICK filament
- Close to no warping;
- Both smooth and very rough surfaces can be achieved, similar to sandstone;
- LAYBRICK is ideal for architectural models / landscapes ;
- The printed material doesn't feel like plastic;
- A heated bed is not necessary when printing with the LAYBRICK;
- Print temp: 165°C for smooth surface, higher temperatures (210°) for rougher surfaces;
- Printed objects can be coloured and easely grinded.
Recommendations for printing LAYBRICK filament
- Fan needs to be on;
- Wait 2-4 hours after printing until object is hardened, before removing it from platform:
- Try to print in warm rooms (20°C or more), the the filament is more bendable then;
- The printed object is temperature stabil to about 70° Celsius;
- Use M227 code: f.e. S 30000 P 10000;
- Layer-thickness from 0.1 mm to 0.5 mm;
- Slicing: object fill max. 25%.