Our first special filament based on the Amphora 3D polymer. Reinforced with 20% specially sourced carbon fibers, this filament is perfect for parts which need high stiffness. XT-CF20 has a beautiful matte surface finish when printed.
Carbon fiber is abrasive. A special point of attention is the abrasive nature of the carbon fibers. In general these fibers will accelerate the nozzle-wear of brass nozzles, much faster than unfilled filaments. Therefore we recommend to use nozzle’s from Stainless steel or hardened copper alloys.
ColorFabb XT CF20 is a copolyester based carbon fiber composite material that is based on the unique Amphora 3D polymer from Eastman Chemical and is loaded with no less than 20% specially sourced carbon fibers suitable for 3D Printing.
Combining carbon fibers in filaments material is not a new idea, but colorFabb has been able to combine a lot of desired properties into 1 new material :
- Extreme High Flex Modulus (6.2 GPa) / twice as stiff as PLA
- Moderate strain at break (8-10%), so no extreme brittle filament, but toughness
- High Glass Temp. (Tg = 80 °C)
- Very high Melt strength
- Very high Melt Viscosity
- Good dimensional accuracy and stability
- Low odor / Styrene Free solution
- Easy processing on many platforms
- High attractive matt black surface