Simply put, AquaSys 180 is a water-soluble support filament that is unmatched in the industry. It is stable at chamber temperatures up to 180 °C. It provides complete design freedom. And it allows the additive manufacturing industry to move on to its next frontier: printing complex end-use parts, using high-strength thermoplastics.
AquaSys® 180 is the world’s only water-soluble 3D printing support material that is compatible with Polyetheretherketone (PEEK), Polyetherketoneketone (PEKK), Polyetherimide (PEI), and polyphenylsulfone (PPSU).
AquaSys 180 is the obvious choice for customers with any of the following additive manufacturing needs:
- Complex part designs
- High-temperature build materials like PEEK or PEI
- Simple, hands-off support dissolution
- Reliable print quality
- Functional prototypes: Leaves behind a smooth finish–ideal for creating prototypes with varied, complex designs.
- Jigs and fixtures: Put tooling in the hands of operators faster with rapid support dissolution.
- End-use parts: Produce more parts faster by cutting out costly post-processing tasks.
AquaSys 180 rapidly dissolves in standard tap water at temperatures of 70-80°C. No additional chemicals or custom dissolution baths are required. However, the product does leave behind a very small number of residual solids that should be collected and disposed of after dissolution.
Typical printing conditions
- Extruder temperature: 230-300 °C
- Build plate temperature: Up to 60-180 °C
- Chamber temperature: Up to 180 °C
If properly stored, AquaSys 180 does not pick-up significant moisture. No unique handling or drying is required if properly stored and kept dry. Drying is required at 70-80°C if material picks up moisture. As a water-soluble material, AquaSys 180 tends to absorb moisture. Always store your filament in the resealable bag it arrives in, and double-check that you’ve completely sealed the bags after each use.
The metal bag should contain a desiccant. Do not throw it out and consider adding another desiccant if available for additional moisture protection. Never expose the desiccant to moisture. Otherwise, you will need to replace it. If AquaSys 180 absorbs moisture while in storage, you will notice the color of the printed filament will be cloudy, instead of translucent gold. If that happens, dry at 70°C for 3-4 hours. Never store AquaSys 180 on the back or side of the printer.